Habana Libre, Havana, Cuba, December 04 to 07, 2018
BRAIN DEATH (BD)
- Conceptual approach to human death.
- BD criteria in different countries.
- Ancillary tests in BD.
- Autonomic nervous system assessment in BD.
- BD in childhood.
- Anencephalic infants.
- End-of-life dilemmas: terminal patient, euthanasia, assisted suicide, etc.
- Legal considerations surrounding BD and related states.
- Philosophical, theological, sociological, historical and cultural considerations of
- human death.
- Organ transplantation.
DISORDERS OF CONSCIOUSNESS (DOC)
- Pathophysiological mechanisms of consciousness generation.
- Coma, persistent vegetative state (PVS), minimally conscious state (MCS), and
- other DOC.
- Clinical diagnosis of DOC.
- Neuroimaging techniques for assessing DOC.
- Neurophysiologic tests for assessing DOC.
- Autonomic nervous system assessment of DOC.
- Neurorehabilitation of DOC.
- Neuroprotection and Neuromonitoring of DOC.
- New trends in cardio-pulmonar-cerebral resuscitation
- Although the Conference will mainly related to BD and DOC, several satellite meeting will be held on general topics of neurology and neurosciences.
- Please, do not hesitate to propose us any topic or idea to improve the scientific program.